1 - General
Devolved Local Recording or DLR means a digital recording and stored file copy of an audio or video and audio consultation that has taken place between a clinician and patient on the healthdirect Video Call platform and which is held or stored by the Provider, not by Healthdirect Australia. The recording is recorded live during the consultation and no digital copy of the Devolved Local Recording is available on the platform post-consultation.
- Healthdirect Australia, we or us refers to Healthdirect Australia Limited (ABN 28 118 291 044).
- Healthdirect Video Call means the suite of services, web-based management software and associated infrastructure provided by Healthdirect Australia designed to help health care providers offer video call access to their services as part of their day-to-day operations.
- Provider means the health care provider that invites you to use healthdirect Video Call to access their services.
- Provider Website means the website or other interface which the Provider provides to you to access the Healthdirect Video Call.
- Waiting Area means a way for you to participate in video consultations with the Provider to access health care services. You will enter a Waiting Area via a button on the Provider Website, and wait in your own private video room until a health care provider is ready to join you.
- Video Room means a video room created for you as you enter a Waiting Area.
- You or your refers to each person who has been invited to and uses healthdirect Video Call.
3. Requirements for Healthdirect Video Call
a. healthdirect Video Call requires your computer, telephone, internet access, device and associated equipment to meet certain technical levels (System Requirements) in order to receive the services. Healthdirect Australia takes no responsibility for problems associated with or arising from your inability to access or receive the services due to your equipment or internet speed not meeting the System Requirements.
b. Use of healthdirect Video Call requires the use of a combination of hardware and browsers supported by Healthdirect Australia (Supported Environments). Details of the Supported Environments are set out in the Video Call Technical Guide accessible at: https://help.vcc.healthdirect.org.au/itstaff
c. Use of healthdirect Video Call requires the use of audio-visual peripherals (visual displays, web cameras microphones/speakers or headsets) that are compatible with your device and operational.
4. Your use of healthdirect Video Call
a. You may only use healthdirect Video Call and access the Video Room in the Waiting Areas if you have been provided permission or have been invited by a Provider.
d. Healthdirect Australia only provides access to healthdirect Video Call and takes no responsibility for any health or other services provided to you through the use of healthdirect Video Call.
e. Your Provider may activate the Devolved Local Recording feature which allows your video consultation with a clinician via healthdirect Video Call to be recorded, subject to you providing your consent.
a. Healthdirect Video Call is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We disclaim any warranties, express, implied or statutory, that may be expressed or implied by law which are capable of being contracted out of regarding Healthdirect Video Call, including warranties of accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We further disclaim any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, availability and performance of healthdirect Video Call.
b. Without limitation to section 5(a), we make no warranty regarding the ownership, continuation, suitability or fitness for use of third-party intellectual property used in healthdirect Video Call.
c. We do not warrant that you will have continuous and uninterrupted access to healthdirect Video Call or that healthdirect Video Call will conform to any particular service levels or performance specifications.
d. We do not warrant that healthdirect Video Call is free of any form of harmful surreptitious code, virus or other contaminants. We do not accept any liability for any interference with, or damage to, your computer systems, infrastructure, software or data occurring in connection with healthdirect Video Call.
e. healthdirect Video Call may contain links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the content or availability of the linked websites and we do not specifically endorse any organisation, association or entity referred to or linked from the healthdirect Video Call.
f. You acknowledge that your use of healthdirect Video Call is entirely at your own discretion and risk and, to the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all liability for any loss, damage, expenses and costs incurred by you in accessing and using healthdirect Video Call, including but not limited to:
- use for a purpose for which it is not intended;
- the inability to obtain consistent, reliable and uninterrupted access to healthdirect Video Call;
- damage or interference to any piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your use and access to healthdirect Video Call, or your internet data that arises in connection to your use of healthdirect Video Call, its content or any linked website.
g. You acknowledge that Healthdirect Australia has no liability to you in relation to any Devolved Local Recording of a consultation between you and any clinician.
6. Intellectual Property
a. healthdirect Video Call including (without limitation) all associated content, material text, graphics, information architecture and coding (including any copyright subsisting in them), is owned by us or licensed to us.
d. healthdirect Video Call may contain trade marks owned by us and third parties. You may not display or use in any manner any trade marks featured in healthdirect Video Call without the prior written permission of the trade mark owner.
7. Governing Law
Your use of healthdirect Video Call, and any dispute arising out of your use of healthdirect Video Call, is subject to the laws of New South Wales.
Video Call – Privacy Information
To access healthdirect Video Call, Healthdirect Australia may collect your first name, last name and your phone number. However, healthdirect Video Call does not require you to create an account or to disclose these details. You are able to use healthdirect Video Call anonymously, if that is permitted by the Provider.
Where a Provider does require you to supply your personal information to the Provider, or your consultation with a clinician is recorded as a Devolved Local Recording, this is governed by the Provider’s privacy statement. For more information, please ask your Provider.
We do not use, disclose or store any of the personal information you have provided prior to access of the healthdirect Video Call or any Devolved Local Recording. Any personal information you enter is deleted from our system following the end of your healthdirect Video Call session. This information is only used to identify you in the Waiting Area or Video Room or by the Provider during their services.